How to keep your painted walls clean
This is can a very difficult job to manage especially if you have white, off-white, or beige walls. For certain, dirt can show it’s ugly face and if not properly maintained it can become difficult to keep up with causing the appearance to be very unsightly. Here are a few tips on how you can keep your painted walls clean all year round.
- You will first want to remove all dust and cobwebs from the walls using some sort of scrub brush before applying any cleaning solutions.
- Scrub down any dirt that may have been left behind with a dry sponge.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a small amount of dish soap.
- Be sure to have another bucket handy to wring out the dirty elements. You don’t want to wring dirty water back into your cleaning solution.
- Dab sponge into the soapy water and spread all over the walls top to bottom. It’s best to make sure you have a ladder to help you reach the higher portions of the wall.
- Try blotting the surface to continue lifting any dirt present. Try repeating this step so that the wall is covered.
- Finally, use a dry terry cloth to dry the wall.
Hopefully, these tips will help you manage and maintain clean walls. It is entirely up to you how often you do this particular task. Once or twice a month may be helpful. If you have little ones running around, you may find yourself cleaning them a little more often.
Image: Wikimedia Commons