Are you ready to do an indoor painting project? What is the best indoor paint available and what lasts the longest? Hopefully this upcoming list with descriptions will help you in making your purchasing decisions.
- Glossy Paint– Glossy paint is best to use in kitchen and bathrooms. This particular paint is also beneficial for trim work such as moldings, door jams, and window trims, etc.
- Matte Paint– This particular paint is not usually reflective or glossy. Can be used on glass, etc.
- Textured Paint– Textured paint is perfect for updating the walls in your home. It is typically used as an “alternative to wallpaper.”
- Latex Paint– This is considered the “most preferred” indoor paint available. It is available in flat or matte finish. It dries quickly and can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Alkyd Paint– This paint is best for painting doors, trim, and hallways. This particular paint is thicker and should not be applied to drywall.
Hopefully, these brief descriptions of indoor paints will help you make an educated decision on what is best for your home.
Sources: Fliprent, Wisegeek, andeHow
Image: Wikimedia Commons