I think if your home is equipped with aluminum siding, you may find it to be pretty easy to maintain and care for. If anything it’s important to clean it thoroughly at least once a year so that it lasts a nice long time. When it’s time to repaint your siding here are a few tips to help you out according to 1stvinylsiding.com:
- Sand your siding with with sand-grit paper. Using a metal primer is perfect for aluminum siding. The best kind of paint for this job is spray paint.
- If you have major dents, pushing them out then repainting may be helpful, but if the dents are too deep you may need to consider replacing.
Cleaning your siding
- All you need to clean your aluminum siding is a good pressure wash to keep it looking like new.
- 6 gallons of water and laundry detergent will do the trick.
- Use a soft bristled brush to clean then spray thoroughly.
Source: 1st Vinyl Siding
Image: Wikimedia Commons